home is where the couch is

our first house. her big plans. his hard work.

7:15 PM

Aquadis Shower

Posted by Terri |

When I was researching showers - because I research everything - I couldn't find anything on the shower I was choosing. It was risky buying something that may suck. We've only had it for a week or so, but I have opinions on it already. Surprise.

We bought a rain shower head/hand held because we couldn't agree on only buying a shower system with either one or the other. Looking around trying to find one in our price range was hard and we found this one at Home Hardware for $179.00. At the time it was a special package they had put out specifically for Home Hardware. Recently when I checked their site I saw they had upped the price to $330.00. Still not a bad price for what you get.

First off, I love the look of it. It looks nice in the shower. It's shiny and clean looking.

I love the shower head. I've been under a few different waterfall shower heads and it's comparable. Not super efficient, I can drain the hot water from my water heater after a while...like 20-25 minutes or so. I don't usually take that long of showers, but it's really nice.

The hand held has 3 settings. This is something the Man likes to use. Its settings range from massage to soft, you know, the usual. It has a pretty long cord. Our shower is 5 feet and it can almost touch the far wall. That's what I've used it for, to clean the shower.

The handle is the only thing that is not very well thought out. When you turn on the water, you pull it out. That's normal. But the handheld is what automatically goes on and if you want the shower head to go on, you pull out the knob. I don't know, I would think it should be reversed. Especially if you hadn't watched where you aimed the hand held the last time you used it and you get a face full of freezing cold water...

If you're the type that likes the handle to go back to the original position - aimed down - the handle and the knob don't have a lot of space in between them. We've been leaving the handle at the temperature we like, which is slightly slanted, and pulling it out from there. If you have fat fingers, you're not going to get your hand in between the knob and handle.

I don't think we have the handle upside down, we did get a plumber to put it in, but the handle has a little red/blue thingy that you put in the handle to know which way to turn. Not that you can see it, it's under the handle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe